Public Content Release Announcement
23 December, 2019
tl;dr: Main content, like Sultry Summer, will still be uploaded on Fridays and stay on a 1 week early access. Works in progress, like sketches and lines of unfinished content, will remain exclusive for subscribers. Subscribers will continue to receive everything else at time of completion, but free versions will be released to the public on Mondays in batches that vary based on the type of content. Illustrations will be released on the second Monday of the following month, and comics will be released in batches based on how many scenes the comic has.
For those interested, the details of my decisions can be read below.
Now Funded on SubscribeStar!
14 November, 2019
I am happy to announce that this site has been approved to be funded on SubscribeStar. As such I have made a Star page that can be found by clicking the banner above, by clicking the link in my main menu at the top of this site, or by clicking the link here.
As I work things out all finished Sultry Summer pages will still be posted here on Fridays, but early stages like lines will be posted exclusively to SubscribeStar. Additional weekend works are also now going to be posted to SubscribeStar and will only be posted to my site once I’ve decided on and met any delay period. I will do the same with Sultry Summer after a few more pages, which by then I should be more familiar with the SubscribeStar platform and have made my decisions for how to move forward.
I will be editing or adding to the above information as new information becomes available. Below are answers to common questions I expect to receive.
New Discord For Site Updates
27 September, 2018
Due to recent events many may have noticed I have removed a lot of content and links from this site. This is the result of outside forces and I’m still in the process of learning what I can do about the content itself, but I have made a new Discord as a means of providing notification of updates to this site. The reason for this is that I will no longer be doing so in my main Discord server, so the new server will be solely dedicated to site announcements and as a place where people can respond to updates and/or ask me questions directly. It is not a place intended for general discussion, but if you would like to join for the reasons mentioned you can find a link in my main menu bar or you can follow this link here.
Content Removal Notice
19 September, 2018
Hello everyone. You may notice that I have removed a portion of content from my site. This is because I have removed all content with mention to a certain external service. I’m not sure of the exact actions I was expected to take in regards to the content removed, if any at all, as I have received some rather non-descriptive emails on this matter. Once I am back online with this service I will be inquiring about what exact actions were expected of me, but until then I will not be restoring any of the removed content.
Putting Ongoing Projects Aside This Week
12 June, 2018
THE SHORT VERSION:
I am taking the week off from my normal weekly updates. I’ve already been stressed about things lately and just had a death in the family that I’m having to help handle personally and financially. This is leaving me too little time to guarantee my normal comic pages and I’d rather not rush their quality. I will still be attempting to draw illustrations throughout the week to have something to post but I can’t guarantee how much I can do.
THE LONG VERSION:
Hey guys. So I’m sure some of you may notice I haven’t updated a single sketch yet, but I’ve been far too busy with a family situation. A member of my immediate family passed away last night, and as the one with most recent contact with said person I had to spend a lot of time with officers, detectives and medical examiners before spending some time with other immediate family. That was not all resolved until around 6-7AM last night/this morning, and today I had to be up early and spent the bulk of my day at a funeral home trying to get a lot of processes taken care of. This is something that has left me exhausted today and will also be providing small distractions throughout the week.
On top of this lost time I will be losing another full day some time this week for the funeral. Since I’m already nearly a whole 2 days behind with little done of this week’s sketching, and the estimated time I will be losing throughout the week, I find it doubtful I will be able to maintain my normal weekly schedule.
As I’ve been mentioning over the last week or two I have already been feeling some strain as a result of real life stuff lately, and now with this happening I’m finally taking a more relaxing week. Because of this I will be taking this week off from my normal comic updates and instead try to squeeze in some illustrations of whatever I feel like doing. There’s some added stress due to the financial complications of this all, and I feel my mood will be getting in the way of my drawing if I stress about them as well.
I’d rather my mood not have an impact on my ongoing projects. It’s strenuous to try to do more complex work with distractions constantly interrupting, and I don’t want to further try to push myself into getting things done on time as this will also negatively impact quality if I rush things just to finish before the week is over. I also don’t want to be in a hurry to escape or avoid things I need to get taken care of throughout this week to try and get back in front of my computer so I can get my work done.
All this said I apologize for the delay but I will do my best to be back on track starting next week.
New Site Activate!
31 March, 2018
Hey guys! My new site is now complete, and if you’re reading this has been uploaded successfully! Yay! Sadly I was only able to replace the old site so I’m not on the new server configuration yet. Due to this I’m still lacking the performance increasing tools that I wanted to implement, but now that the site is active it should be easier for my host to find the time to migrate the site to the new setup. Now that that’s killed the hype a bit, I will be listing the changes in navigation below, but first I want to make a disclaimer about accounts and comments.
Now for the changes.
Accounts and comments.
There is no longer any login option on this site, and that means all previous existing accounts are deleted. This is because all content here will be free from login requirements from now on. For comments I will be integrating Disqus, which will allow you to comment with an email address, Google+ account, Twitter account or Disqus account. This means there is no longer any reason to add user accounts so I have decided to save myself the database space.
News and announcements.
- Instead of posting images in both an image area and an updates area I have decided to put the 30 most recent updates in a news box on my homepage. These updates will include both my uploaded images and blog posts, so there is no longer any need for me to post a blog post for each update.
- Blog posts will now be used exclusively for news and announcements. Blog posts will therefore not be as often, but you don’t have to check the blog area to see them as they will appear in the news box when posted. The lack of posts for content means I can no longer have my email reminder, but I’ve been able to keep my update schedule consistent enough that I don’t feel this a major concern. I apologize to anyone that thinks otherwise, but I’m trying to keep my site’s resource consumption at a minimum now that it’s no longer self-sustaining.
The site now has better navigation.
- There is an arrow in the top left of my menu. Click this arrow when it’s pointing down to zoom to the bottom of the page, or when it’s pointing up to zoom to the top of the page. The arrow changes based on how far down you are in a page.
- When viewing a gallery the Sketch, Line, Complete and All buttons should still appear as they did before. The difference is they now only appear when a valid image exists. This means if a gallery has no sketches there will be no sketch button, no lines means no lines button, etc. If a gallery only has completed images then no buttons will appear.
- When viewing an image, a First, Previous, Gallery, Next and Last button should appear beneath it. These buttons also only appear when valid. The gallery button takes you to the complete gallery of the image you are viewing. The Next and Previous buttons take you to the previous and next image in the same gallery, and can be navigated with the left and right arrow keys. The navigation also checks the state of the image you are on and only relates similar images. This means that if you are viewing a sketch from the General Gallery then the navigation finds sketches of the same gallery and generates the appropriate buttons.
- When clicking on a comic gallery from the home page you will be taken to the first page or cover of the comic, if a cover exists. When viewing a comic page there will be all of the same navigation as images above, plus above each page will be a page selection dropdown. Simply click the box and choose any page you would like to jump to and it should take you there.
New menu bars.
- With less pages means less items to put on my menu bar. Instead of the different sections from before I will be including other upload locations in their place. For now that means a Discord, Tumblr and Pixiv link. In my footer is only a disclaimer that is totes 100% factual and true.