Hey guys! My new site is now complete, and if you’re reading this has been uploaded successfully! Yay! Sadly I was only able to replace the old site so I’m not on the new server configuration yet. Due to this I’m still lacking the performance increasing tools that I wanted to implement, but now that the site is active it should be easier for my host to find the time to migrate the site to the new setup. Now that that’s killed the hype a bit, I will be listing the changes in navigation below, but first I want to make a disclaimer about accounts and comments.
Now for the changes.
Accounts and comments.
There is no longer any login option on this site, and that means all previous existing accounts are deleted. This is because all content here will be free from login requirements from now on. For comments I will be integrating Disqus, which will allow you to comment with an email address, Google+ account, Twitter account or Disqus account. This means there is no longer any reason to add user accounts so I have decided to save myself the database space.
News and announcements.
- Instead of posting images in both an image area and an updates area I have decided to put the 30 most recent updates in a news box on my homepage. These updates will include both my uploaded images and blog posts, so there is no longer any need for me to post a blog post for each update.
- Blog posts will now be used exclusively for news and announcements. Blog posts will therefore not be as often, but you don’t have to check the blog area to see them as they will appear in the news box when posted. The lack of posts for content means I can no longer have my email reminder, but I’ve been able to keep my update schedule consistent enough that I don’t feel this a major concern. I apologize to anyone that thinks otherwise, but I’m trying to keep my site’s resource consumption at a minimum now that it’s no longer self-sustaining.
The site now has better navigation.
- There is an arrow in the top left of my menu. Click this arrow when it’s pointing down to zoom to the bottom of the page, or when it’s pointing up to zoom to the top of the page. The arrow changes based on how far down you are in a page.
- When viewing a gallery the Sketch, Line, Complete and All buttons should still appear as they did before. The difference is they now only appear when a valid image exists. This means if a gallery has no sketches there will be no sketch button, no lines means no lines button, etc. If a gallery only has completed images then no buttons will appear.
- When viewing an image, a First, Previous, Gallery, Next and Last button should appear beneath it. These buttons also only appear when valid. The gallery button takes you to the complete gallery of the image you are viewing. The Next and Previous buttons take you to the previous and next image in the same gallery, and can be navigated with the left and right arrow keys. The navigation also checks the state of the image you are on and only relates similar images. This means that if you are viewing a sketch from the General Gallery then the navigation finds sketches of the same gallery and generates the appropriate buttons.
- When clicking on a comic gallery from the home page you will be taken to the first page or cover of the comic, if a cover exists. When viewing a comic page there will be all of the same navigation as images above, plus above each page will be a page selection dropdown. Simply click the box and choose any page you would like to jump to and it should take you there.
New menu bars.
- With less pages means less items to put on my menu bar. Instead of the different sections from before I will be including other upload locations in their place. For now that means a Discord, Tumblr and Pixiv link. In my footer is only a disclaimer that is totes 100% factual and true.